O & P Labs utilizes the very latest technology and devices to create a custom prosthesis made perfect for you! Whether you need a new prosthesis for a recent amputation or repairs and new components, O & P Labs is here to help!
Contact us to request your free amputation Packet today!
Amputation Packets include:
- An Orthotics & Prosthetics Labs Folder
- A copy of "InMotion" A magazine dedicated to living well with limb loss.
- A copy of “You Have a Choice”, an O & P Labs Publication
- A copy of “First Step”, a 99 page guide for adapting to limb loss (an Amputee Coalition publication)
Now available! : A new publication, “Limb Loss Resource Guide”. A practical guide for preparing for, adapting to, and living with limb loss.
Orthotics & Prosthetics Labs can help start the process of getting back to walking after an amputation even before you may be ready for a prosthesis! We offer Immediate Post Op Prostheses to help protect your limb and avoid contractures and we offer Shrinkers, a compression garment to help prepare your limb and manage swelling before recieving your prosthesis.
Lower Extremity Prosthetics
For patients requiring a lower extremity prosthesis, Orthotics & Prosthetics Labs can provide custom temporary and definitive prosthetics. For new amputations, a patient will be fit with a temporary prosthesis. After wear and use of a temporary prosthesis, a patient may require a full new prosthesis, or a definitive prosthesis.
Our prosthetist will take you through every step on the way to getting your new prosthesis.
This process includes:
● Evaluation: Examination of the limb, component options, desired activity level and more will be discussed.
● Casting and measuring of the limb
● Fitting a test socket. A socket is the part of the prosthesis that contacts the residual limb. This test socket is made of a material that can be easily adjusted by our prosthetist inorder to find the perfect custom fit for each patient.
● A series of futher adjustments and test socket fittings will be had until an optimum fit is achieved.
● Delivery: Once the ideal specifications for your prosthesis are determined, the prosthesis will be finished with a final socket and delivered to the patent.
A new definitive prosthesis is not always required. If the inegrety of the components of the prosthesis are still good but a patients limb has significantly changed in shape or size, a socket replacement may be required. Orthotics & Prosthetics labs is able to replace the socket component of a prosthesis to restore an optimum fit.
This process, similar to a new prosthesis, consists of measuring and casting the limb and adjusting test sockets until an ideal fit is established. The socket is then finished and attached to the other components of the prosthesis.
Adjustments and Prosthetic Components
Once your prosthesis is delivered, Orthotics and Prosthetics Labs is here to ensure you continued to stay satisfied with it. Our prosthetist and technicians are able to make repairs and adjustments to your prosthesis right in the office!
We are able to replace the components of your prosthesis as it becomes necessary and as your limb may change slightly we are able to make appropriate adjustments for coninued comfort.
Orthotics & Prosthetics labs also provides any supplies you may need for care and use of your prosthesis. From prosthetic socks and liners to lotion for your residual limb and more, O & P Labs is able to provide what you need for life with a prosthesis.
Upper Extremity and Other Prosthetics
Although we specialize in lower extemity prosthetics, O & P labs is also able to provide patients with upper extemity and mastectomy prosthetics. We will help you explore the options available to you for the prosthetic device you require and will ensure an ideal finished prosthesis.